Required documents for Czech SRO Company formation
Each director needs to have a police clearance, shareholders *do not* need a police clearance.
- Police Clearance from home country 1 - REQUIRED original paper document, not older than 3 months, with apostille stamp.
- OR: Police Clearance through Czechpoint - REQUIRED original paper document, does not work for all nationalities, processing can take 25 days.
- Police Clearance 1 - REQUIRED original paper document , not older than 3 months, with apostille stamp.
3rd-Country National / non-EU Citizen, US Citizens, Spouse / Registered Partner :
- Police Clearance from home country 1 - REQUIRED original paper document , not older than 3 months, with apostille stamp or superlegalized.
- US citizens 2 can use an afidavit from the US embassy instead of a criminal extract
- Spouses / Registered Partners of an EU Citizen3 follow the police clearance rules of EU Citizens
Note 1: Police Clearance. The 3 months starts counting from the day the Police Clearance was issued, *NOT* the date of apostille / superlegalization / translation. Also do not bring a document that will expire in a few days - do not gamble on it still being valid during the registration process.
Officially, you should bring a police clearance for each country where you spent more than 6 months in the past 3 years. There are ways to avoid this requirement.
We do not recommend having a translation made abroad - the translation needs to be made by a translator registered at the Czech Court, else the Trade License Register may refuse the translation. It is most likely also cheaper to have the translation done in Czech Republic instead of abroad.
Note 2: US citizens can use an afidavit from the US embassy instead of a criminal extract for the Trade License registration, other nationalities can not.
Note 3: Spouses & Partners ...as long as they already have a residence permit based on this relationship
2 Documents required for both directors and shareholders:
- Passport - copy or scan + last CZ visa or residence permit (if you have one)
- (Former) address abroad (even if you do not live there anymore, ideally from your home country)
Czech Documents needed for the SRO Company formation process:
- Powers Of Attorney signed with notarized signatures (sign at CzechPoint, CZ notary, CZ embassy)
- Business Seat approval document signed by the landlord, with notarized signature OR agreement for a virtual office
- Agreement of a CZK business bank account - in case you deposit your own Share Capital. This account must be a special escrow account that after formation converts to a regular business account. For smaller amounts of Share Capital, it is no longer required to open an escrow account, which simplifies and speeds up the company formation process.
Continue to: Business Addres