Trade License.cz / Required documents for Trade License registration
There are different requirements for EU Citizens and 3rd-Country Nationals (non-EU Citizens)!
EU Citizen or 3rd Country National married to an EU Citizen:
- NO extract of foreign police clearance required if you can prove that you been resident in CZ for more than 3 months *
EU Citizens are required to have a temporary Residence Permit for a stay over 30 days and/or for business purposes.Nowadays, the Ministry of Interior does not explicitly demand a Residence Permit of EU citizens anymore, which is funny since it goes against Schengen rules. The Residence Permit is necessary to get a social security number (rodne cislo), and is also good to convincing your home country you are no longer liable for taxes there.
Note I: Proof in the form of a rental contract or residence permit.
3rd-Country National / non-EU Citizen:
- extract of foreign police clearance required, WITH apostille stamp or super legalized, NOT older than 3 months **,
- you must apply for a Business Visa at an embassy outside of Czech Republic unless you already have a valid visa or residence permit (and the original purpose of stay remains valid). ***
Note II: US citizens can use an afidavit from the US embassy or a sworn statement instead of a criminal extract for the trade license registration, other nationalities can not.
Note III For changing the purpose of stay from employment / student to business you must have lived in CZ for at least 2 years. However, it is possible to have a trade license next to your job as employee / being student (and in that case you do not have to change your purpose of stay)!
4 Documents required for all nationalities:
- Copy of passport + last visa or residence permit (if you have one)
- a document with your (former) address abroad (phone bill, bank statement, ID card),
- Proof of residence address in Czech Republic (rental contract, extract Katastr)
- a copy of the agreement for your CZK bank account. This account does not have to be a business account.